Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Hillman Curtis [Flash Guru]

Like many designers, I initially viewed the web as a second-rate environment…too defined by its limitations for real expression. I felt stifled by frames and tables, limited color palettes, ASCII text, and the multiple browsers and platforms that were always changing. It's a medium that can be both frustrating and intimidating, and it took me a long time to get comfortable with it. The fact is that you and I will always be challenged to change and adapt as long as we remain involved in designing for this medium. Still, something happened to me as a designer when I began designing for the web, and especially designing Flash motion graphics for the web. Those limitations, the very things that I complained about, have shaped me into the designer that I am today. I have learned to love designing for the web… and finding the possibilities within the limitations has helped me focus. I now look first at identifying the essentials—those elements that must, that demand to be included in order to communicate my message visually.

Have a Story/ Interview tell us and get on the Post

No comments:

Post a Comment